Monday, December 22, 2008

Dead Ringer

Texting on a keyboard phoneImage via Wikipedia We're addicted to our cell phones. They're cupped in our hands, stashed in our pockets, wrapped around our ears, waiting on our nightstand for us in the morning . . . they are always, always close by and within reach. God forbid, we should miss a call or a text message.

We love our cell phones so much, that now we are taking them with us to the other side. Believe it or not, some folks are asking their relatives to bury their cell phones with them -- turned on and fully charged, six feet under. Talk about dropped calls. (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28182292/)

If I was a prankster, I'd stand very solemnly at the gravesite, one hand on my cell phone buried in my pocket, and just as they were lowering the coffin into the ground, I'd dial the deceased's number. The panic and confusion that would ensue afterward? Priceless.

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: